Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, traumatic injuries, and development or genetic deformities of the facial region. It can help improve chewing, speaking and breathing as well as provide confidence after reconstruction. Some reasons you would undergo maxillofacial surgery are:
- Having your facial bones realigned after a traumatic injury
- Having facial, jaw or neck reconstruction after cancer surgery
- Having a jaw or facial cyst or tumor diagnoses, removed and reconstructed
- Having teeth replaced with dental implants
- Having a tooth extracted
- Or even having a consultation on whether you are eligible for cosmetic facial surgery
For more information, or to see if you quality, call or visit White Cedar Dental in Barrie, Ontario today!